Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A Heart's Desire

Eleven years ago, I crossed the Pacific ocean to land on this foreign soil called Canada without knowing much about the future ahead. Over the years, I have gone through so many ups and downs in life, laughing my heads off and crying my heart out. In the end, I have come to realize one single truth: Life is what you choose to be. You could make it a HELL or a HEAVEN depending on your heart’s desire.

As I have decided to part, I feel more and more attached to this beautiful country which I have regarded as my 2nd home.  In order to maintain a record of our life as the first generation immigrants from China, I am starting this series of essays.  Wherever we rest our feet, we have to always bear in mind that the way of life we choose to live is solely the choice of our own heart and mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment